Provide First Aid HLTAID003
Heath Ageing Training Services offers a one day nationally accredited course in Provide First Aid – HLTAID003
The course is designed to teach the fundamental principles, skills and knowledge of first aid and to prepare people to give competent emergency care until trained assistance is available.
Included in the course is hands on training with an adult & baby manikin & includes use of a defibrillator.
The course covers the following components:
- Apply emergency action principles
- Provide care for altered conscious states
- Provide care for breathing emergencies
- Welfare and support for the First Aider
- Provide care for cardiac emergencies
- Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Provide care for shock
- Provide care for bleeding
- Identify infection control principles
- Provide care for burns and scalds
- Provide care for musculoskeletal injuries
- Comply with basic documentation requirements
- Provide care for conditions caused by extremes of temperature
- Provide care for poisoning
- Provide care for envenomation
On successful completion of the program, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for Apply First Aid – HLTAID003 on the day of the training.
Revalidation of the certificate is required every three years.
See our Training Calendar for course dates.