Manual Handling HLTHSE204D
Heath Ageing Training Services offers a three hour theory and practical workshop covering the basics of manual handling or a four hour session in Follow Safe Manual Handling Practices HLTHSE204D
The workshops utilize a risk management approach to reduce the potential for manual handling injuries specifically to healthcare workers.
The manual handling workshops cover the following components:
- Introduction to manual handling
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the spine
- Risk management as related to manual handling
- Correct ergonomics for manual handling in healthcare
Practical components include :
- Log roll
- Slide sheets
- Transferring from bed to chair
- Hoist Training
- Use of a hoist and sling
This course is designed for staff working in the health industry and should be updated annually.
See our Training Calendar for course dates.
Parking is available on site.
Location is close to public transport.
See Map for walking directions from Maylands Train Station.